Delivery of your Worktop
Wooden worktop delivery
Hardwood worktop delivery is £60 per order for deliveries in England and Wales, £80 per order for deliveries in Scotland
Delivery is based on a 3-Tier system.
Solid Wood Worktops - Most of these are delivered in a medium sized wagon, by 1 man that if possible with able bodied help, can deliver the worktop to the room of your choice. Please note able bodied help is a mandatory requirement
Laminates and Composite Solid surface deliveries will require able-bodied assistance.
Occasionally, and for reasons beyond our control, the carrier will have to deliver your order on an Artic Lorry with single driver. Access in and out must be possible. Road, height, width and weight restrictions MUST be made known at time of order.
Health and safety laws state that a driver should not lift over 13kg / 29lbs max. For this reason, your driver may be female. However, an average worktop weight is 70 - 120kg (double for granite).
Thankfully, many of the "driver only" carriers we use, will, where possible, assist in lifting worktops to your preferred room. Please note the carrier's actual contract with us states delivery to kerbside only.
If a driver is late or deems the room access difficult (i.e. Numerous tight turns or 5 floors of stairs) they may not be able to assist you and alternative arrangements should be made by you in this event. Failed deliveries will incur a redelivery charge at the rate billed to Go Worktops Ltd by the carrier:
The carriers aim to confirm your delivery time with you within 2 working days of placing your order. Please CHECK your email. Optional times and dates MAY be available. Delivery is usually within 3-5 working days. Saturdays MAY be possible for some hardwood tops only. Custom made products 7-10 days for template, 14 days for fabrication and installation.
PACKAGING - Kitchen worktops come wrapped in cellophane. This is not to cut down on protection, costs or the environment. Thin plastic is the ideal form of humidity control for a worktop that will go from cool store, to cold lorry to warm room. Thick cardboard packing is to drying for wooden tops.
Wooden tops must be laid flat in a well ventilated low humidity room ie. No running water, wet plasterwork or tubs of water - for min 48hrs. Revolve if tops every 4 days. Fitting within one week is highly recommended.
- Assistance MUST be ABLE BODIED
- Stairs and tight turns may prove difficult for driver to assist
- Driver maybe female
- Worktop is wrapped in cellophane as an important moisture barrier
- Worktop is not wrapped in cardboard as a prevention against drying
- Goods are insured to point of delivery only - Therefore...
- GOODS MUST BE CHECKED ON DELIVERY BY SIGNEE
- Claims AFTER delivery can be made directly against the carrier
- This does not affect your statutory rights
- Goods noted as damaged on delivery are replaced ASAP No extra charge
- 4m and 3m tops are provided with extra ends in the event of scuffing
- Failed deliveries incur a redelivery charge at the carriers invoiced rate
- Goods purchased over the Internet can be returned within 7 days at your expense providing they remain unopened, in their original packaging, and in resalable condition. A credit will be given once checked back into stock.
- Wood worktops must be stacked flat on batons (every 3ft) for 48hrs
- Do not place Solid wood worktops on edge or end
- Do not remove wrapping until ready to Oil
- Avoid, humid, moist or very dry, hot atmosphere
- Revolve all tops every 4 days and fit soonest to prevent warping
- Danish Oil - 1 coat on under surface, min 3- 5 on top and 5 on all edges
- Use a lint free rag in circles. One square foot at a time
- Allow approx 2 hours between coats
- Oiling will not darken your wood
- Oiling causes darkening to accelerate under normal lighting conditions
- Allow 6-8 months for the wood to darken
- Iroko, African Walnut, Euro Walnut and Oak will darken significantly
- Teak Oil can darken the wood immediately before applying Danish Oil
- Varnishes and stains are not recommended
Laminate worktop delivery
Laminate delivery is £60 per order
Once your order has been placed and has been confirmed by our sales team, we will inform you of your delivery day. It can take up to 48 hours for us to be advised of this date.
It is essential that there are 1 or 2 able bodied people available to help the driver unload the laminate worktop when it arrives. Laminate worktop deliveries are carried out "kerb side"; and it is your responsibility to ensure that the laminate can be moved into your property safely.
Granite, Corian and Quartz delivery
Granite, Corian and other Quartz worktops are delivered after template and on the day of fitting. For more information on Granite, Corian and Quartz timescales, please contact the Go Worktops Ltd sales team on 0845 330 7642.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions